venerdì 14 marzo 2014

THE ONE I LOVE NYC

One of my biggest passion are rings: I do love them, I can wear them in every fingers – above all if they are huge!
Saying that and thanks to Instagram I have discovered The One I Love brand and I really fall in love with it!  
First of all in common with the creator and founder Mia I have this passion for rings and vintage pieces; second I have been so impressive in how she has been to turn an high school passion into an amazing jewelry brand.
As she explained to me “I’ve always had an affinity towards rings. I think it started with my grandmother's hands. Hands, like rings, have a story to tell. My grandmother would adorn herself with the most decadent diamond, sapphire and emerald antiques. I can remember staring at her hands for hours in amazement at the way they sparkled. It was intriguing to me. There is really nothing like a woman with beautiful hands, and she was certainly blessed with them.” 
A favorite obsession are high school rings, "I wear my grandmothers 10k 1955 high school graduation ring almost every day. She was the most influential person I've known, and she inspired the creation of The One I Love. She has passed now, but I feel like a part of her is always with me when I have this ring on." While she loves all types of jewelry, there is something particularly special about a beautiful ring. We give rings as a sign of commitment, achievement, and love.
Mia has started working with Elizabeth Anne, the owner of Hollow Tree Tribe Jewelry - as her in house designer – to create incredible unique pieces mixing their differents spirits and roots (Elizabeth learned her craft in New Mexico on the Zuni Reservation and Mia is more focused on the Victorian Era).
New upcoming projects? Yes new pieces for The One I Love Jewelry collection will be released probably by april 15th.
“Considering that antiques have always been my passion and hers, this new pieces were designed with one thought in mind, that 200 years from now they too can be sold as antiques. This will be proven through the craft, quality, and beauty of each piece” – she said!
Regarding social world, Mia thinks that bloggers and the web are a vital part of building a business. Social media is her main form of advertising and customers choose to engage with her collection because they share her passion. 
Customers want to see fashion ON REAL people. This makes it attainable for everyone and gives a sense of realism. In a world where everything its built on an unattainable image, blogging has made fashion aesthetically pleasing to the "real woman". It celebrates truth, rather than programming us to believe beauty is of a specific mold. 
So have a look at her amazing website, you will fall in love with it!!!!

Una delle mie più grande passioni sono gli anelli, li adoro letteralmente e potrei “riempirmici” le dita (cosa che spesso faccio!)
Premesso questo, grazie a Instagram ho scoperto un’altra fanatica come me nonché creatrice di un brand pazzesco The One I Love.
Mia, la mente dietro a tutto questo, condivide con me la passione per gli anelli e per tutto quello che è vintage; all’interno del suo sito potrete trovare un sacco di pezzi unici e davvero interessanti.
"Ho sempre avuto una certa affinità verso gli anelli” – mi ha spiegato – “Penso che sia iniziato con le mani di mia nonna. Mani, come anelli, hanno una storia da raccontare . Mia nonna amava adornarsi di diamanti, zaffiri e smeraldi antichi. Mi ricordo a fissare le sue mani per ore, stupendomi sempre del modo in cui brillavano ".
"Indosso ogni giorno l’anello 10k del 1955 ricevuto come regalo per il diploma da parte di mia nonna, la persona più influente che ho conosciuto e che ha mi ha ispirato per  la creazione di The One I Love. "
Mia ha iniziato a collaborare con la designer Elizabeth Anne, proprietaria di Hollow Tree Tribe Gioielli – per riuscire a creare incredibili pezzi unici mischiando le loro diverse radici ed ispirazioni (Elizabeth ha imparato l'arte orafa in New Mexico nella riserva Zuni e Mia è più attratta dall’epoca vittoriana).
Progetti imminenti? Sì nuovi gioielli sono in arrivo per la metà di Aprile; gioielli realizzati con l’idea di rimanere duraturi nel tempo e chissà, di poterli "rivendere" tra 200 anni come pezzi d'antiquariato.
Per quanto riguarda il mondo social, Mia concorda nel vedere i blogger ed il web come parte vitale nella costruzione di un business (I social rappresentano infatti la sua principale forma di pubblicità). I clienti vogliono vedere la moda su persone reali. Questo la rende più raggiungibile e dà un senso di realismo, il blogging in questo senso permette di celebrare la verità .
Quindi, date un'occhiata al suo sito ed alle sue creazioni, ve ne innamorerete ! !


 

b&h

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento